Teeth Whitening at home: How It Works, and TypesUsman
Teeth whitening is lightening the color of teeth from one tone to another.
What is not teeth whitening
Teeth whitening doesn’t include cleaning of the plaque that accumulates on the teeth, which is called teeth polishing or cleaning. Some individuals have tiny brown or white spots on their teeth, these speckles are called fluorosis. Treatment options for fluorosis in dentistry include the following:
- Dental veneers
- Dental crowns.
- Enamel microabrasion.
Other conditions which can’t be treated via teeth whitening procedure include genetic discoloration of the teeth.
Get Blood Test at the comfort of your doorstep
Who can get teeth whitening
Teeth whitening can be opted by anyone except the ones who have sensitivity issues.
This can be assessed by a dentist whether you can or cannot bear the procedure of teeth whitening. If the procedure becomes unbearable it is immediately discontinued.
Types of teeth whitening
It consists of two types
- At home
- At clinic
Method of teeth whitening at clinic
The steps include
- Application of the gel
- Placing the probe in the mouth
- Applying vaseline on the lips
- Securing your teeth by cotton packing of the mouth
- Application of the gel on the gums, which secure the gums so that when teeth whitening gel is applied it doesn’t irritate the gums
- Afterwards the suction is placed in the mouth and gel is applied on the teeths followed by radiating the teeths with ultraviolet light which activates the gel and the process of teeth whitening initiates.
This procedure lasts for 15-20 minutes. It may require two or three cycles of this procedure as per patient wish of how much teeth whitening they want.
The number of cycles and the results may vary with the individuals.
Precautions post-teeth whitening:
- Avoid hot or cold food items for 24 hours
- Avoid diet which stain the teeth including pan, tea, or smoking for 24 hours
- Teeth whitening does not cause pain if done properly
- Teeth whitening does not damage your teeths
- Teeth whitening lasts for 1-2 years
- Teeth whitening only whitens natural teeths it does not whitens the filling, crowns or artificial tooth
- Natural remedies on net (baking soda in toothpaste,clove oil or using banana peel), does not whitens the teeth instead can lead to more harm
- Charcoal paste should not be used for teeth whitening it cause damage to the outermost layer of the teeths making them weak
At Home teeth whitening
It can be done by the gels, ointments available in the market. However , the results are not as good as done by a dentist
Also it can lead to teeth damaging because it doesn’t take place in a controlled environment i.e. done by a specialist in a clinical setting.
You can also order medicine home delivery from us or book a lab blood test with Free Home Sampling in Lahore . Portable Home X Ray, Portable Home CT Scan, Portable Home ECG, MRI and Ultrasound services are also available.